This is proposal to add Abracadabra’s MIM (MIM) token as well as Curve MIM3CRV and Convex MIM3CRV as available strategies for all the current (and soon upcoming FRAX) passive pools.
With USDC and DAI comprising most of Gearbox Protocol passive pool side, there are only a number of strategies currently available to deploy the assets into: mostly fluctuating between GUSD, sUSD, and LUSD farming. See for yourself in these pre-made multicalls that save leverage users time. As the APY on those naturally fluctuates due to how Curve pool gauges get distributed, it’s interesting to increase the product offering so Ninjas have a wider range to choose from. On that note, MIM strategies have long offered attractive APYs while sticking to their $1 peg consistently enough.
While utilization of passive pools has been through the peak, this doesn’t per se offer more TVL growth opportunities - but instead, possibly diversifies the protocol collaterals: Risk DAO | risk management dashboard. On collaterals, see this docs section: PRO: Leverage Bible - Gearbox Protocol.
The proposed parameters are:
- add MIM (0x99d8a9c45b2eca8864373a26d1459e3dff1e17f3) as allowed token to FRAX, DAI, USDC, WETH, WBTC and stETH pool’s Credit Managers.
- add Curve MIM3CRV pool contract (0x5a6a4d54456819380173272a5e8e9b9904bdf41b) as an allowed contract.
- add Curve MIM3CRV pool token (0x5a6a4d54456819380173272a5e8e9b9904bdf41b) as an allowed token to FRAX, DAI, USDC, WETH, WBTC and stETH pool’s Credit Managers
- add Convex pool contract (0xFd5AbF66b003881b88567EB9Ed9c651F14Dc4771) as an allowed contract.
- add Convex cvxMIM3CRV pool token (0xabb54222c2b77158cc975a2b715a3d703c256f05) as an allowed token to FRAX, DAI, USDC, WETH, WBTC and stETH pool’s Credit Managers
- set Liquidation Threshold as:
|Token||USDC pool (%)||DAI pool (%)||WETH pool (%)||wstETH pool (%)||WBTC pool (%)||FRAX pool (%)|
Set price feed as ChainLink’s oracle for MIM and Gearbox’s Curve and Convex pricing contracts for MIM3CRV and cvxMIM3CRV/stkcvxMIM3CRV. See how other Curve pool oracles work here.
Risks and Explanation
MIM previous collaterals and bad debt
Since the time of UST and FTT, which had a large share among MIM collateral assets, their current composition looks much much better: MIM Dashboard. With that being said, the protocol could be argued to still have potentially about 5.5% bad debt. Therefore, the max LTV for LP tokens is set up at 85, leaving a good gap for liquidations.
85 LTV max leverage and why 80 on others
The LP tokens in Curve and Convex have much less volatility compared to a regular MIM as an asset. Moreover, that will likely be the final destination for gearbox leverage users. As such, having higher LTVs for LP tokens while lower LTV allows for great leverage farming yet not over-exposing to risks.
This would allow for 5x+ farming with yet a safe-enough Health Factor. Anyway, the risks are up to every user individually. See more in how to calculate that in the docs.
- Documentation - Introduction - User's Documentation and Dev Intro
- Chailink oracle: MIM / USD | Chainlink
- Contracts & Audit: Our Contracts - User's Documentation, https://www.certora.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/SushiBentoboxFeb2021.pdf
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/MIM_Spell