Listing with mexc.com

Hi
**this is Linda from mexc.com exchange; we would like to discuss listing opportunities with Gearbox Protocol!

Token need: 5,000 Gearbox

How to join Kickstarter:

Users can stake the prerequisite tokens to participate in voting and stand a chance to win free project airdrops. Details are as follows:

1.Voting Period: 2021-12-28 03:30 - 2021-01-03 10:50 (UTC)

2.Estimated Trading: 2021-01-03 15:00 (UTC)

3.Deposit & Withdrawal: Opened

4.Voting Link: https://www.mexc.com/

5.Airdrop Details:

• Reward Pool: 50,000 Gearbox

• Price: 0 USDT (Reference Price: $ 0.xx)

6.Voting Token: MX

7.Requirement: Minimum 10 votes.

(Note: Kickstarter campaigns will have a maximum voting cap of 500,000 MX tokens.)

8.Rules: The tokens used for voting will be temporarily locked during the event period and will be unlocked within an hour once the event concludes. Users can vote as many times as they wish before the voting period ends.

9.Rewards: The airdrop rewards will be distributed proportionally within an hour according to users’ total votes once the event concludes.

10.Special Reward: 500 users with total assets exceeding 1,000 MX and who have voted in this session of Kickstarter will be selected at random to receive a 10 USDT Futures Bonus, the rewards shall be airdropped to the respective winners within 7 working days upon the completion of this event. (Note: Users must open their Futures Account before the event ends to be eligible to receive the Futures Bonus reward.)

For more details, please visit the Kickstarter page

for more info: please reach to jiangmeiyan@mexc.com

1 Like

The token is not even transferrable yet. Please do your research on the protocol before proposing to partner with it.

3 Likes

I didn’t catch who gets what at the end of the day.
The DAO must grant 50k GEAR which will be airdropped to MEXC traders? What for? Or I’m missing something?
Overall it looks kinda shitty to me… :\

mexc is good but unfortunately tokens are not transferable yet, so you gotta wait

Well let’s give her a break. She didn’t say it had to happen straight away. These proposals take time as well

1 Like

The proposal lists an estimated trading date of 2021/01/03, I interpreted that to mean that’s when the token would be available for trading on mexc. My apologies if I’m mistaken on that interpretation.

5k gear is a very small amount though so I’m open to this in the future, but idk how advantageous cex listings actually are right now - it opens us up to more investors but if most ppl don’t use it then it just creates another tool for whales to play with the token.

Gearbox is a popular project which means Cexs will list $gear spontaneously without any marketing fees.

Similar thoughts ^^^

Anyone can hardly stop a CEX from listing a token. Maybe there’s a way to do it, but I don’t know it, and I don’t know why we would want to.

So, if a CEX wants to list GEAR – well, go ahead and good luck.

But why we should take part in these shitshow airdrops to speculators, and why we should pay for this privilege?

2 Likes

While the desired amount of GEAR tokens is a very small amount, I think the Gearbox community should generally abstain from paying for CEX listing, including in this instance.

We are not in 2017 anymore and the success of a DeFi protocol is not dependent on CEX listings. I even believe that participating in such campaigns might damage the project’s reputation as none of the most reputable recent project launches decided to partake in similar initiatives despite certainly being approached with similar inquiries.

DEX pools will likely be spun up as soon as GEAR token transfers are enabled and can potentially be supported by LM initiatives if the community so wishes. If the project is well received by the market, first-tier centralized exchanges will list GEAR within days, allowing all market participants to access the token and rendering such initiatives obsolete anyway.

2 Likes

MEXC is known for manipulating token price with fake trading data and dumping. Suggest that we vote no.

But why we should take part in these shitshow airdrops to speculators, and why we should pay for this privilege?