Multisig Ceremony - APPLY

Please volunteer below, and see criteria for more info.

How to apply?

1. Indicate your willingness here or on twitter
  2. Mention if you are able to handle technical or financial multisig
  3. Mention your approximate time zone to know your response availability
  4. Mention if you have been on other multisigs before / are now

We are days away from the protocol being handed over to the community, and days away from the protocol actual launch after the community votes on and deploys all the remaining pieces. As the governance process has been outlined (read here) - it’s now time to select the most qualified multisig volunteers to become the executors of the community votes, and the last-resort enforceability of the protocol decisions.

The process of choosing multisig signers:

1. volunteers submit their willingness to participate (on forum / twitter);
  2. a simple report on the “who and how” on volunteers will be presented to show the signers’ possible conflict of interest, previous multisig inclusion, approximate timezone, etc. Here is an example of what the report and the public data can look like, to give everyone an objective view on a signer;
  3. post token distribution around mid this week, DAO will vote for the multisig signers right away.

Multisig roles were split into a (1) financial-treasury and (2) technical. Both multisigs were created prior to the deployment ceremony by previous initial core members, as contracts needed to know the wallet addresses. Then, multisig members and a signer count requirement were added after DAO voting procedures. All this can be verified on-chain and Etherscan in logs of respective contracts.

• Multisig must execute whatever proposal reaches winning quorum. Given that multisig are members previously enacted by token holders, meaning the DAO, and are semi-public people with big reputation - in extreme cases they could voice against implementing some proposal. However, that could breach trust in the governance model and require immediate action and restructuring.
  • Initial core members will be represented by 1-2 members in each ONLY. Ex-team will not have a majority signature, because we should all will prioritize people who are not SAFT holders or having previously been involved with Gearbox. This is important both for the accountability in front of the token DAO community, as well as from the legal standpoint. The decision on who gets to be in the multisig will be carried out after the token distribution, so all token holders can vote.
  • It would be ideal to have different members in both multisigs, but finding so many volunteers at once is difficult. As such, if some roles cross, it’s acceptable. Later on, it can be expanded.

TECHNICAL MULTISIG | 6/9

This multisig is practically able to change protocol parameters, add new assets, add new protocols, and anything else that is customizable within the Gearbox Protocol modular architecture. See docs.

In the first couple of weeks especially, given that this multisig will execute voting results (on pools, parameters, allowed policy list, etc.) - it will be very active. Please take this into account. Being on this multisig requires technical knowledge as it is a very security-sensitive role.

Technical Multisig will not have a timelock function just yet, to function as an emergency multisig in the first few weeks / months of the protocol being live. This role was not split into 2 separate multisigs (yet), so this role is accessible to the technical multisig. Later on, timelock should be added.

FINANCIAL TREASURY MULTISIG | 5/7

This multisig will be:

• holding 51% of the GEAR DAO tokens (see distribution)
  • managing treasury of fees from the protocol (see fee model)
  • doing grants and DAO payments when those begin

At first, there will practically be almost no work for this multisig. GEAR will be untransferable in the first weeks or even months (up until voting decides to change that) and the protocol fees would be almost none granted that the protocol will have TVL caps on depositing (supplying capital) and thus naturally on the borrowing amounts as well. This multisig will be less active and doesn’t require complex tech knowledge.

We are of the opinion that multisig work should be rewarded by the DAO given it’s an important and a complicated task (the technical multisig especially). The DAO should decide on this later. We cannot make a decision on this as ex-core initial members though, to not create any dependability.

10 Likes

I’d be all in to do my part as a financial multisig! Sign me up! I’m living in Canada in the EST timezone (gmt-5). No experience in managing multisig but really interested to get up to speed. 4yrs+ in defi. Trilingual (en/fr/spa). CIO for a tech company.

3 Likes

在这里让我冒昧的说一声家人们好 我爱你们 作为社区的一份子 参加了项目的早期测试 也在社区中感受到了大家的热情和做事的态度 我很想并且积极的融入到大家庭中 我会的不多 但是我有热情我有信心去帮助社区做一些事情 我是一个自媒体的博主 也有一些粉丝 希望将我的能量贡献给社区 我希望参与进来

4 Likes

Multisig Ceremony is necessary.I hope to choose a person with sufficient time and a sense of responsibility. The most important thing is to hold a large amount of coin

2 Likes

I’ll throw my name in for the treasury multisig, or both if needed. If we get enough technically proficient users with a strong defi reputation I would concede to them. However I think it’s just as important to have trusted community members as it is to have technically proficient ones - ie, if you know how to run a multisig but you can’t point to another defi community you’re involved in pseudo-anonymously and only joined gearbox in the last month or so, that’s a bit risky from a DAO perspective. I can point to my extensive contributions in Alchemix as proof I’ve been contributing to Defi and building a reputation since March 2021 (in crypto since 2015, more involved since 2017).

I split time between mountain time and EST. My work hours are flexible so I would be available to carry out transactions both inside and outside of working hours.

I have not been a multi-signer previously.

4 Likes

I’m new to crypto (started spring 2021), but if y’all don’t have enough interest I would be willing to learn and get involved here. I’m US Central, never been multisig.

2 Likes

I volunteer for the multisig.

I’m a cofounder of NuCypher and a contributor to Threshold Network (the network formed by the merger of the NuCypher and Keep networks).

I was on the NuCypher emergency security multisig and will be on the Threshold emergency security multisig.

My time zone is UTC-5.

Relevant disclosures/possible conflicts:

• I’m a small Gearbox SAFT holder
  • I have an interest in Gearbox whitelisting Threshold’s tBTCv2 as collateral

Twitter verification here.

8 Likes

Would like to help out and participate. I have helped the first Multi-Sig on the blockchain ever, which was NEM.

I have been thinking about new ways to implement multi-sig last week, so I was gladly surpised seeing this well thought of plan.

Support.

4 Likes

Hey everyone!
Would also like to help.

Don’t have an multisig experience yet, but I am digging deeper and deeper into crypto. Meaning I am a dev who is transitioning full-time into web3.

I am on CET (Vienna/Austria)
cheers

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

Keen to become the DAO multisig.
Can handle both the technical and the financial ones (have both dev and finance experience).
My timezone is UTC+13(12).
Haven’t been a multisig before.

3 Likes

Hello, I am PEPO and I am volunteering for the Financial Treasury Multisig.

I’m a co-founder of DeFi Wonderland, from where we contribute to projects of the DeFi ecosystem, and a contributor to DeFi LATAM, from where we educate the hispanic community.

I’ve personally contributed and helped several projects in the space and I am a very active member in the ecosystem, with my main objective being the preservation of ethical, ethos and security standards.

My time zone is UTC-3

Disclosures:

• I’m a small Gearbox SAFT holder.
  • DeFi LATAM is an airdrop recipient (due to Kovan Beta Testing)
  • I’m personally interested on DeFi Wonderland contributing to the protocol as an external contributor.
7 Likes

Hi,

I’d be interested in volunteering to be on both (or either) of the multisigs. Probably more suited to be on the finance one, I am not a dev (at least not a serious one) but can understand tech stuff from an overview/broad perspective and how all the pieces fit together.

Some of you might know me from lobster chat, I made a few gearbox and lobsterNFT meme/hype vids. I’ve also done a lot of vids for Sushi and have also worked with a couple of other projects on memetic stuff.

I’m on one multisig, the BASED skeleton key multisig which holds some assets from various
BASED projects, although its mostly memes and not so much tx signing these days.

My background is finance, a bit of a hobbyist dev, I like memes and shitposting.

I’m on UTC time

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Alex - co-founder of deBridge which is cross-chain interoperability and liquidity transfer protocol. I’ve been following the progress of Gearbox for quite a while, excited about what the team is building and I feel that it’s one of the puzzle pieces needed by the current DeFi ecosystem

I am a blockchain developer and I’m in crypto since 2016 when I started to be involved in Bitshares and Steemit communities. Since 2017 I led Phenom - blockchain development studio where I managed several internal multisigs and non-publicly also helped a few projects as an independent escrow.

I’ll be glad to assist with any of the two multisigs or with both simultaneously. As for technical multisig — I have knowledge on how to form an arbitrary Gnosis Safe transaction or how to validate transaction data

My Twitter handle is AlexSmirnov__, feel free to reach out if you have any questions

Thanks,
Alex

4 Likes

Gm, everybody. I am volunteering for the Financial Treasury Multisig.
My timezone is UTC+1.
Haven’t been a multisig before.

I have been in the community for a while. I believe Gearbox could become a key protocol in the DeFi ecosystem. it could unite the current protocols and offer better financial service for everybody. would love to spend my time to build the future of France with you guys together.

2 Likes

most people are English users, sir
please use English only. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi, Sergey from ICO Drops (https://icodrops.com/) here

I am ready to help as a volunteer with multisig (financial)

3 Likes

Hey all,

I’m volunteering to be on the Technical Multisig. I have been in the space for a few years now and have a technical background, mainly on the front-end but have decent hands on experience with web3 governance. I’m UTC+2 and have served on multisigs previously (proposing/signing).

4 Likes

Hey!

My name is Alex P: twitter

Gonna be a multisig member for Gear.

Who am I:

Now contributing:

• LobsterDAO Main Chat
  • Lobster Daily Founder
  • GC - architect
  • SUSY - solana-evm bridge & chainlink don
    Previous:
  • USDN Creator
2 Likes

Here, let me take the liberty to say hello to my family. I love you as a part of the community. I participated in the early test of the project and also felt the enthusiasm and attitude of everyone in the community. I really want to and actively integrate into the big family. Not many but I have passion I have the confidence to help the community do something I am a self-media blogger with 8100 followers I want to contribute my energy to the community I want to be involved

Are you trying to apply for multisig ser? If so, please provide some more context / your media presence to derive some sort of community trust from as a data point / time zone. Basically, see above.